Saturday, August 29, 2009

Friday Night Football

I am not sure how I managed to only get a picture of Nick before the game. Actually Hali took this one as we were walking out the door. I think Aaron was in a rush to get to the game and already waiting at the car.

This was the banner we made for the boys to run through. Lasted all of 1 second but well worth it! The Junior High Team held the sign while the varsity players ran through.

Doing their warm up drills and passes.


Pre-game exercises...



After the game here. Nick was injured (praying his ankle is not broken but its not looking real good at the moment). This is his girlfriend Chelsea who came with her parents to watch the first game. Doesn't she look cute wearing his away jersey?



Anyone who knows us, knows that we are a family that believes kids should play sports. Not only does it help to keep kids healthy in general, but later in life it also helps them (and sometimes gives them an excuse) resist the peer pressure of doing drugs. There has been a lot of research on this topic. For us it has proven true. A true athlete has no desire to pollute his or her body, nor do they generally want to "risk" their future.










We started the actual season of games this week. We have been practicing all summer long it seems like. I am thankful for our coaches who have made such a wonderful commitment to the kids along with the Wonderful Home school Sports Organization known as the Kansas City East Lions. Thanks guys for all your hard work!

4 comments:

Tree said...

Great pics, Jenn!! I hope Nick's ankle is not broken!!

Rhonda said...

I sure hope that his ankle is not broken. Sending prayers his way. My girls never really got into sports. They absolutely LOVE to watch them, but never really wanted to play. I was really hoping that my oldest wanted to get in on the volleyball team here, but nope. :0( I totally agree with you, a true athlete would never want to risk their future by doing drugs, or any kid with a true heart, for that matter. :0)

Julia said...

Oh, no! I hope Nick's ankle is okay!

~Jenn~ said...

Rhonda~ I know it's hard to push them to do something that they don't want to do.I am thankful that I don't have that issue.

Nick is on crutches this morning. Hopefully the swelling will continue to go down and both his knee and ankle heal soon. Thank you for the prayers!