Friday, July 2, 2010

Art Appreciation


We started this summer off with Art Appreciation. We visited the Neilson Atkins Museum in the late spring which sparked an interest. Going in to this unit study I just wasn't sure what to think or expect from the kids.
In this pictures the group is trying different brushes out to see what EXACTLY they do and what the difference is from one to another.


We then went outside and after picking our object, which took FOREVER, they began painting. You smaller boys were done in no time flat. My three actually took a week to complete their paintings.

I really like the laid back atmosphere this summer during school. I am hoping to hold on to the flavor of it during the traditional year. With the kids relaxed, they are having more fun and learning much more than I could have imagined.

A wise woman would have started this project when her flowers were in full bloom... However that was graduation season... So I do have a valid excuse.



2 comments:

Julia said...

Looks like a lot of fun!

BetweenGeorgia said...

beautiful! Love how you are giving them a sense of paint. Missed ur posts!