Friday, July 2, 2010

Mamma's Birthday toys...

Sometimes when I have to share an important holiday... such as my birthday, Mothers day and Nicks Graduation I can get to feeling a bit shagged on that whole "All about me" day... So this year DH made sure I KNEW I was loved...

After a quick trip to Bass Pro Shop, I was well prepared for some shootin' fun! Now, some of you may or may not know this but I REALLY want to get my permit to carry concealed. I have a ton more hours to put in... but this is one thing I really enjoy.

This time along we took Nick with us. Figured it was time to give him some lessons. Now, boys and girls at home... Make sure you ALWAYS practice gun safety and parents... Use those gun locks!




Guess who forgot her clip at home in the safe? So manual loading it is....


I was told to use the iron sites first until I was 100% on the mark at all times. So for now, I will not use a scope for either the rifle or the hand gun.


Here are my men checking out the target...


See, I do play well with others.... I even share my things.


And this was the boys first time using my rifle. When we go to Iowa they get plenty of shooting practice with Uncle Brad.


In need of a fresh sheet...


Right after this I got lessons from the old timers. They even let me shoot their different hand guns. They think someday I will want something a bit bigger. LOL

2 comments:

BetweenGeorgia said...

That looks like fun!

Rhonda said...

A homeschool shootin' momma. I love it!