Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Wrapping up summer

As much as I don't want to admit, or give in, summer time is just about over here in the Midwest. On a few occasions I have worn my hoodie and jeans. I am already longing for the days of swim suits, lazy days next to the pool, and chasing fireflies late into night.

We have began our "crazy season" of football and soccer and last but not least, our new school year. As we say goodbye to our carefree days and embrace longer days in the classroom, we rejoice in all that the Lord has let us do.

These are a few of my favorite moments.

We saw this darling and original  float in a small town parade.


Abby in the fire chief's gear


  Watermelon eating contest


Beautiful fireworks

Abby checking out... ummm... Anna

Hali and Stardust with Abby and Anna 


Demolition Derby with our friends

Abby and her friend Luke

My bestie Carrie and I at her son's Graduation party
Our friend Bills' baseball games


Our friend Matts professional baseball games



 
Monkeying around



Having a great time at the ballpark

Our buddy Matt

Being goofy at 3 AM at the pancake house
 Wilson's Creek Civil War Battlefield


I would add quite a few more posts but as usual Blogger is having a meltdown and this one post has taken me almost 2 hours to compose.
 Is it any wonder I don't blog more often?


1 comments:

Rhonda said...

It looks like an amazing summer to me. I am ready for this heatwave to be over with and looking forward to fall, but I sure was not ready to begin our homeschooling year. Which btw is coming along very nicely now.