Friday, February 5, 2010

Dough and more dough

I was surfing blogs the other day and came across a recipe for what was hailed as the best paint-able dough. I thought to myself~ That's exactly what I need! So I gathered  up  my ingredients and went to work in the kitchen.

 
So we mixed all the ingredients together....


 

And began making these....

 

  

  

  
The next morning we laid out the kitchen table and sat down to work. Note here~ See that blue box of watercolors? This was the first time we had used "real" water colors. Not those dollar ones  you get at the back to school sales. These were AMAZING to work with. I cannot believe how much of a difference good paints made!

 

  

  


 I think Abby did a wonderful job!


 
Hali created a super woman! She even has a "S" on her back!


 

  

 



6 comments:

Jenn said...

Looks great! I've often wondered about "good" watercolors. I may have to consider getting some as the boys get older.

Rhonda said...

Those little dough hearts would be a great project for Valentine's day. Thanks so much for sharing.

Tisha said...

Very cool!! I think the girls did a wonderful job.

Stephanie said...

You weren't joking about those being more vivid than the cheap watercolors! Wow!

Heather the Mama Duk said...

Those turned out great. Nice watercolors!

Julia said...

Fun! I love the little people!