Sunday, April 25, 2010

Fruit Pizza and an unattended camera

Writing this I know you are going to be either from one of the two camps I mention. Either you are like me, and upon reviewing your digital pictures you find several that you KNOW you didn't take and can guess who did by the content or there is absolutely NO WAY you would let anyone except the camera repair center TOUCH your camera. Yeah, I USED to be of camp two but I was causing myself so much stress I figured it wasn't worth it. I even tried that "But your kids a digi camera and they will leave yours alone." YEAH RIGHT.

I wonder just how many times she had to take a picture to actually capture this face?

When I asked Abby about these all she could do was crack up! She looks like a little fishy.

Now, lets get real. Can you tell me that this doesn't interest you? These are a HUGE tradition here in the Seaholm House! Ever since I learned how to make these 15 years ago, we have served them on Holiday mornings and Birthday's. Fruit pizza's are a real treat and I have YET to meet anyone who didn't like this!

How to make a fruit pizza~ The easy way!

One package of premade cookie dough from the refrigerator case at the grocery store. Two kinds work well even though ALL of them work okay. Snickerdoodle and Sugar cookie. So buy one of those and lay it out onto a cookie pan. I use my Pampered Chef Pizza Stone because I cannot bake without it! Smash the dough together filling in any thin spots and making a circle like a pizza. Remember the cookie will grow some, so thin is better!

Once you bake the cookie you can leave it out over night covered or you can wait for it to cool and then begin the process.

I use 2 packages of low fat Cream cheese, a couple dashes of Lemon juice, a teaspoon of vanilla and about 3-4 cups of powdered sugar (to desired consistency) mix this all together and this you spread over the entire cookie. You then choose your fruit (family favorites or those things that have a ton of color) and decorate the top. You should be able to get 24 slices of fruit pizza per large stone.

3 comments:

BetweenGeorgia said...

mmm yummy! I love fruit pizzas. Thanks for the recipe!
LOL at Abby's fishy face!

Rhonda said...

Abby's fish face. Too cute! That fruit pizza looks delicious and it is something that my family is going to try. YUM!

Julia said...

LOL @ Abby *giggle* And, YUM!! That pizza looks delicious!