Sunday, April 25, 2010

Weeks 34 & 35 of school

Where has the time gone? I believe it has been forever since I had even a moment or two available to sit down and update my beloved blog. Now of course I am over whelmed with all of the things I need to catch up on. Have no fear though! I can made my posts short and sweet and do what I do best... Let the pictures speak for themselves!

In between running to track practices, soccer practices, graduation planning and field trips I have also been dedicating a ton of time to getting the kids finished up for the year (although we are schooling one day a week through the summer) and preparing for Nick's big day! More on this later in a different post!

Practicing the line up before we actually get to the church. Our seniors did this really quick and to be honest, I am glad they did! This year Latonya Boyd is in charge of putting the ceremony together and she is one tough cookie!

Very patiently standing in line...


Here is Nick and Gerry. These two played football together in Highschool and I was thrilled to see they both get to graduate together. I think they are supposed to be paying attention to something....

Prom tickets for sale! Here is Paula Young taking her turn at organizing this mess! See those awesome tickets there? Jolene from Africa made those from my Home School board! She did an awesome job!

We have managed to get a few things in besides graduation and field trips. We did sewing class with the girls! They had such a great time with this little project and it was just perfect timing since I didn't have anything on the agenda for the day. Here is Hali using the big machine. On this day they both graduated from the small singer sewing machines to the big one.

This dalmatian turned out super cute!

Here is my "leftie" cutting out her pattern. There were some very specific instructions to making these and I am very pleased to report that she didn't get the cart before the horse and cut it all up. She actually WAITED and LISTENED which is a rare treat with my hands on child!

I am going to be real honest here. I wish I knew how to teach a leftie to sew. I have no concept and it made me SOOOO nervous! However she adapted very well to using the machine like she wanted and her lines came out very straight and smooth!

These little twins are adorable! I have no idea if they will keep these or give them away, but they are loving them right now!

And lastly we have our bonus sewing project... Hali sewed a swimming suit for her Webkinz turkey! LOL

Spring has finally sprung in the Midwest and that means we have an abundance beauty in our yard. One of our favorite things to do is cut fresh flowers to enjoy in the kitchen and living room, and even sometimes in the classroom. Both of my girls can identify all the flowers and plants we have in the yard. They know how and when to plant, when to prune and how to encourage new growth. I believe that someday these two will have their own gardens and will call me shouting with joy over the beauty!

Here is Princess Abby with the beginning of a huge bouquet for the kitchen. She is saying under her teeth "Hurry mom! My dress is  getting all wet from the flower slime!"... So much for the camera being held still... I was laughing too hard to take a good shot.

I love the sights and smells of spring! What a blessing that the Lord gives to us, bringing us out of the season of rest and slumber of winter.

0 comments: