Saturday, December 26, 2009

Debbie's 50th Birthday

My girlfriend Debbie really wanted a party this year. So we sat down and discussed what she wanted to have and do. By the time you reach 50, I guess you know what you want. We hashed out the plans, all but the date and the time. That was the only element of surprise she had. She didn't know we had invited some of the "old" friends she had.

The party was a huge success and was a huge blessing for Debbie! My family all stepped in and helped Cater the occasion. I am so very proud of my kids!


Our Birthday Girl, Debbie!



Yummies!



Debbie's cake! It took me FOREVER to get this decorated! I wrote on the top...
"50 is not old IF your a tree!"
Hahaha... gatta love your friends!



My boy Aaron and Debbie's husband Dave, learning how to use the stilts. Actually, Dave was an old pro.



Aaron finally got the hang of it!



One of the games we played. Pin the eyeglasses on Debbie~ We blindfolded Debbie first and let her take her best shot.

All in all it was a beautiful party and I am so blessed to have this woman of God as one of my very best friends!

3 comments:

Rhonda said...

Oh I just love the part about "50 not being old for a tree." LOL! So cute! You're a great friend, Jenn and I am sure that she really appreciated what you have done for her.

~Jenn~ said...

When I say that saying I was cracking up! It was double funny because we own a tree service!

Heather the Mama Duk said...

It sounds like you guys really gave Debbie a party she could treasure the memories of forever. Awesome!