Saturday, December 26, 2009

Our Emergency Trip to Arkansas

Some of you may already know about my unplanned trip to Arkansas. In truth, it is this trip that kept me from uploading and posting on my beloved blog. My dearest sister fell asleep at the wheel and hit a concrete wall. the accident was very bad, she was in the hospital for half of my stay. We as a family are praising God for his mercy and grace. His healing hands not only intervened but brought my sister home!

Although it was hard to be away from home, I did have a couple opportunities during the very last week to sneak away and see some old friends. I should mention that I am very blessed, as most of my friends I have had for more than twenty years, some as many was 30!


My poor sister was bruised from head to toe...



This is my sweet friend Tonya. She and I grew up together in Bryant Arkansas. We met each other in 6th grade and have maintained our relationship. Tonya didn't know I was going to stop in her shop and surprise her! I didn't call ahead and I am glad I didn't! I had not seen Tonya since we were last in Louisiana.  Tonya and her family lived there until her husband was killed in a car wreck. I am so glad I was able to surprise her! You should have seen her face when she recognized who I was~ PRICELESS!
I owe my awesome new haircut to my friend! What a wonderful pampering treat!



I also got some snuggle time with Tonya's precious little daughter Lexi. She is absolutely the sweetest!



Because I had to run to the hospital every evening which was 45 minutes away from my moms, I managed to miss EVERY bonfire we had! While the kids were roasting marshmallows I was driving. Thinking that this was an injustice, I hid the last bag of marshmallows and had my own candle lit roasting party. My sister actually got in on this. At first she thought I was crazy... but who can resist a torched marshmallow?



Aunt Jenn getting some sugar from my Niece Alley.



I have been best friends with Brian since we were in elementary school. We share a love and passion for many things. However, I don't think history is one of his. Being the sport that he always is, and knowing I needed a break we planned a morning out. I left it all up to him since there was no internet access at my moms. The only stipulation was it had to be educational! I was very pleased when I hopped into his jeep the next morning, coffee in hand.... and found out what our plans for the day were!
The Museum of wars and the oldest cemetery in the area! TONS of civil war crosses here folks!



 Replica of the civil war tents the soldiers used.



Could  you imagine being the wife to a missionary of the Choctaw Indians? Those were my ancestors BTW...




Samuel Adams mamma.....



I actually shed a tear over this one... VERY beautiful and unique!



And this one was the whole reason we came! The grave of the youngest Martyr  in the Civil war.



This is at the bottom as a marking....



Atlas! My lovelies! These are two of my most FAVORITE girlfriends who went to Mt. Saint Mary's School for Girls! They have been fantastic and supportive blessings for years! I am on the left, then Miranda (Mandy) then Rebecca (Becka)



Fooling around.... Just ONE more picture please!



Mandie has been one of the best and closest friends a girl can have. She has been there for me through good and bad. I had the JOY of joining her at her home church while I was away. See, she is always looking out for me! Mandie also has 4 kids, one that will be graduating with Nick. her hands are full, as she has a set of 2 year old twin girls!



I think this is my favorite picture of us for all time!



One last pose to share!




3 comments:

Rhonda said...

I am so happy to hear that your sister is well and back at home safe and sound.

You are truly blessed to have such wonderful friends, Jenn. Y'all look so cute together.

~Jenn~ said...

Awe! Thanks Rhonda! I know I am so very blessed! Most don't find even ONE friend and I have so many!

Heather the Mama Duk said...

I'm glad you were able to see people you've loved for a long time. And I am so very glad your sister is recovering!