Sunday, November 14, 2010

Chocolate Pilgrim Hats

When we took on this project I was thinking there was NO WAY the kids could mess this one up.

This week we have had SO MANY blunders it became a running joke. Abby has given counsel to Suzie when yet ANOTHER project did not turn out the way we had hoped. "Don't worry about it Suzie, it's just an experiment". Priceless advice from my 9 year old.

The first thing you do is melt Semi Sweet or Dark chocolate chips in the microwave. Make sure you used about 1/8 to 1/4 cup of oil to thin it down. Start with a smaller amount and add until it will smoothly coat.
Next, pierce a large marshmallow with a toothpick and cover the marshmallow in chocolate.
Place the chocolate marshmallow on top of a chocolate stripped cookie (bottom side up).
Let cool and then using yellow icing make buckle.

We doubled the recipe

Some look like leaning towers....

We tried using Milk Chocolate and the color was ALL wrong so we had to go back and re- dip.

I found this little guy waiting for me. Instead of having a buckle it had a heart... Because I am loved!

We are taking a box of these to my friend Carrie's house for Turkey day. They might not be beautiful but they sure are yummy!

4 comments:

Rhonda said...

That is a lot of Pilgrim hats! Cute!

Heather the Mama Duk said...

Aw, I like that they aren't perfect :) What a fun activity and I love the one they made you!

Jolene said...

I love that!!!! Your kids are so lucky to have such a activity savvy mom ♥ Adopt me please

Retro said...

Super Cute~!