Sunday, November 14, 2010

What an amazing week!

We have had an incredible week here at the academy. I have lots and lots that I would like to share but as usual, very little time to dedicate to it. Since I have some larger posts that I want to do sometime tonight... I am going to just do a quick overview.

Starting this week out we had 17 hours of "extras" that needed to be completed. We also were planning to go to Liberty Memorial on veterans day. So 17 hours of extra work in only 4 days. We also had our regular work that had to be completed. I honestly didn't think that we would make it... But guess what? WE DID!

I am going to show you in another post what exactly we did with these. The two top cards they stamped using fall colors and they are making THANK  YOU cards for Turkey day. They have written words of gratitude on the inside. The large cream paper was stamped for a poem, as was the green one.
This one is Aaron's.
This one is Hali's
This one Blake's.

This one was Abby's.

All of these turned out very nice.

As you can see... Aurora is still enjoying her prime place on the dry erase board.

As is Jazmin. The girls made these a while back when we were doing our Africa Unit study. We think they are so adorable we are leaving them for the rest of the school  year.
Indian Corn Art

Aaron's


Hali's

We really got behind finishing up Antarctica. However we put the final touches on the Penguin lapbook so I can now share it with you all.

Cover





Lastly... Blake has been learning about Mesopotamia. My friend Rhonda whom I adore had her girls build the fertile crest out of salt dough. I loved it so much I had my own little people do it!

2 comments:

Rhonda said...

I love the thank you cards. What a great idea. I enjoy seeing posts like this and all the great things that the kids are doing. I'm so glad that they had so much fun with the salt dough map. Awww I adore you too! HUGS!

Heather the Mama Duk said...

NICE projects! I totally love your homeschool. You learn so much, but have so much fun doing it. No wonder Blake is loving it, too!