Sunday, November 14, 2010

Tree of Blessings

Thanksgiving is a time to be thankful for our blessings.
That has been our theme this last week.

My dear husband went out and cut me a nice branch from our Cherry tree.
We placed it in the middle of a coffee can (with colored paper covering the label) filled with rocks.

In order to make the leaves look crinkly we sprayed them with water and crumpled them up. Then we let them dry.

The kids then punched holes in them and added the things they were thankful for.

 Once the real leaves fall off we will still have our leaves of blessings.

Crinkled and drying

This would be Hali. That child has food on her mind ALL the time.





Aaron is such a wise boy =)

This would be Hali again....


This was a fun little craft that the kids enjoyed doing. It now is proudly displayed in the middle of our classroom table.

3 comments:

Rhonda said...

I am thankful that you have a blog to show us all of these wonderful things that you do with your kids. This is so sweet.

Heather the Mama Duk said...

I'm with Hali on Aldi's. I mean, where else can you get that much food for that cheap? lol

I love that tree. What a great idea!

Jolene said...

I love that. What a neat idea!!!