Thursday, November 4, 2010

Twenty Days of Thanksgiving

Day 20
Being thankful is a state of mind. Everyone can be thankful, but more often than not, we choose not to be. Often we can find ourselves murmuring and complaining about our lives, our homes, our families or our finances. This month I want to make it a point to be thankful for each and every one of my blessings. Will you take this journey of thankfulness with me?

Today I am thankful for our home. It provides shelter from the blustery winds, a place where we can raise our little ones in peace, and a place for love to grow. While I may not have a large fancy home like some of my friends, I am thankful that those who come here feel comfortable and at rest. I am thankful that we can extend the spirit of hospitality to weary travelers and extend an open invitation to our friends and neighbors.

Thank you Lord for my many blessings!

0 comments: