Monday, October 19, 2009

Hot Cocoa night

Have you ever been super frustrated when you reach into the cupboard on a chilly night, to grab a packet of cocoa mix and realize the box is empty?

Well, I decided that would NOT be me again this year. So I asked my best girls over on our homeschooling blog for a recipe that I could use to make our own.

I was sent a link to Heathers mom's favorite recipe and decided I could do this.

Off to the grocery store Hali and I went. I spent $22.42 for 3 gallons of Hot cocoa mix. I am hoping this will last atleast HALF of the winter. If it does, then I am already ahead TONS of money.


Measure out your ingredients carefully



Pour into a big airtight container.



Mix very well.



Add LOTS of marshmallows!

Abby and Hali helped me put this together. It took about 20 minutes.

Recipe:
10 C dry milk
4 3/4 cups of powdered sugar
1 3/4 Cups of cocoa
1 3/4 Cups of Non Dairy creamer
Mini Marshmellows

You can add the extras:
Cinnamon (to taste)
Ground fine peppermint sticks or candy
flavored non dairy creamers

Since I bought a HUGE box of powdered milk I decided to use it all and just multiply the recipe until I ran out. I alread read that if you put the dry milk into a blender and make it even finer that it helps.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yum! I'll have to remember the blender idea.

Rhonda said...

MMM! Hot cocoa and peppermint. what a perfect pair!