Tuesday, October 20, 2009

A new twist on readers

Pumpkins. I just love this time of year. There are so many activities to do with the kids. We have plenty of things in mind for this season, but I came across some little readers that are just perfect for Abby. She loves poetry and the books build up her confidence. So I print off the books, she colors them, reads them and then works on sequence order. When we were done I was left with all of these extra words (which I thought about using on the word wall) so I found something to do with them. Instead of making a lapbook we just created a big book using the extras. She is using these to "teach" her friends. When she is completely done with the book and we move on, I hope to have a stack of these that we can hand down to friends who are homeschooling younger ones.



 

 

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Those are really neat!

Eagle Star Academy said...

Those are neato!! I love that idea and can't wait to see more!

Mama Teaching 3 said...

Cute!

Jolene (South Africa) said...

OMGsh what a neat and clever idea!!!