Saturday, October 3, 2009

Imelda's Birthday Party

It's not all work and no play around here. A perfect example was a birthday party given to our deal Imelda (scroll down and you can see her in other posts) who experienced her first American birthday. In Indonesia they don't celebrate birthdays like we do here. If you tell someone its your birthday they think  you are looking for attention. If someone knows its your birthday YOU are expected to take them out to dinner. Strange custom to us here, but never-the-less it's what Imelda has known. SO... I found out via Facebook it was her birthday and when we were invited over for a BBQ~ We came bearing gifts and birthday blessings. I am hoping next year she warms up to American ways and we can celebrate openly. BTW... She didn't tell anyone it was her B-day when they were invited over!

Hali with baby Anders





Imelda Frying up banana's
 

This is what Fried bananas look like before the hit the pot. I have never had these before. They were very good.


This is my girlfriend Debbie... she is known in this house as "Aunt Debbie". She is Abby's favorite adult. Abby loves Debbie and prefers to spend as much time with her and "Uncle Dave" as allowed.




 
There is my handsome husband and "Uncle Dave"...
 

Clearly Jeremy is loving being back here in the US. He is blaming the use of the dryer (that he didn't have when he was a missionary) on his clothes shrinking. HA... I think its all the food... Jeremy made the best chicken. It was an Indonesian recipe I think (or maybe a different country I don't know) either way, we ate some wonderful food!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Ya...that's how it is in Indonesia. Thank you very much for the love, gift and blessing. Mwahhhh!!!

Rhonda said...

You are such a kind person Jenn, to give her a party like that. I love the last photo and the comment on the clothes dryer shrinking the clothes. So funny!

~Jenn~ said...

I didn't give her the party~ But I did party with her! LOL They had the party at Dave and Debbie's house. Jeremy's parents... and yes, I do think we should be shopping for some LARGER clothes for Jeremy~ Cause his britches are shrinking...

Unknown said...

If my closet can shrink my husband's clothes, the dryer can shrink Jeremy's lol