Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Our walk in the woods

I love Robert Frost's poem, "The road less traveled". Sometimes I feel like this is the road I am on.

Days and outings like this are such a blessing and a great time for reflection. I love who the Creator made me, I love who I have become thanks to His Mercy and  Grace. I am thankful for the fact that I can take my family and enjoy a romp in the woods.


The colors are just beginning to come alive
 
Aaron stole the camera and took a picture of mom.
 
It was raining and muddy.
 
Interesting growth in the water...
 
Leaves in the brook.
 
Little Blue River
 
 Little Blue Again
 
looking for Arrow heads and  skipping rocks
 
Hali just got nailed with mud, thanks to her big brother.
 
I got a smile!
 
 Abby standing in the creek bed.
 
Hali was SO not happy. She ended up with muddy clothes and wet shoes.
 
Isn't she just a cutie!
 
Another smile!
 
 beautiful berries... too bad they are poisonous.
 
Heading back to the car. We were all very tired. After we came home and changed clothes, we headed to celebrate at Cici's pizza.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful pictures. Glad your hike was a success!

Dawn said...

love the pics! your kids are beautiful. looks like yall had fun!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous pictures! Gorgeous kids! Gorgeous mama! Looks like you all had a great time! Makes me wanna go out on the trails around here. Think the baby would come then? :)
Retro from NPLH

Tisha said...

Beautiful!! I'm glad you enjoyed your hike.

Jolene (South Africa) said...

Oh wow, what a beautiful place to hike. Looks like you all, except maybe Hali, had a great time.

Mama Teaching 3 said...

Beautiful!!!! Your children are so pretty!

Tree said...

Gorgeous nature shots!! I wish we had woods around here to walk through....the kids used to love doing that!

Eagle Star Academy said...

WOW!! What a beautiful place!! I am so glad ya'll enjoyed the fall day together!

Jenn said...

How beautiful! I love all the great fall colors you have there. I'm jealous! Looks like it was a great day eventhough it was wet & muddy.

Rhonda said...

Oh wow Jenn, these photos are so beautiful! What a great nature walk. I wish that I would have been there.