Tuesday, October 20, 2009

My girlfriend Carrie

One of the joys in life is friendship. I have been so blessed throughout the years with good friends. One such friend is my "bestie" as Hali would say, Carrie. She lives in Iowa now. That wasn't always the case.

A long time ago (sure seems like a long time) when my other "Bestie" Jen lived next door to me, God planned the meeting between Carrie and I. You see, I had just found out that Jen was moving to South Dakota. I cried out to God because I was very sad that she was leaving me behind. I was happy that Jen and her family were taking a full time pastoral position, but I was heartbroken at the same time. That's when Carrie's husband called my husband and by weird chance (we call it divine appointment here) we met and joined each other to go see Billy Graham. That evening we bonded and became forever friends. Every week with out fail we would meet at the IHOP pancake house for coffee, prayer and fellowship. God really used Carrie during many tough moments in life (Including the choice to homeschool) to give me sound wisdom and advice.

We only get to see each other about 4 times a year now. Our family's love each other and we try to schedule our vacations and mini trips to include a visit.

This last week, business brought my girl to town. Being the sport she is, she went with us to the senior meeting and then we hit Texas Roadhouse, returned home for a long visit with the girls and finally once we put everyone to bed.... We stayed up till the wee hours of the next day laughing, crying and celebrating our friendship.

I consider myself VERY blessed to have a friend who is as faithful, kind and loving as Carrie. I am crossing all of my body parts in hopes that they will be able to join us for Thanksgiving!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

That's totally awesome to have such a special friend in your life.

Rhonda said...

You are truly blessed to have such a wonderful friendship.