Friday, September 11, 2009

Four excellent weeks of school

Today we are headed to Lawrence Kansas to check out some local history. Lawrence is the home to one of the big Kansas Colleges and also to Veradis which is the team we are playing tonight under the lights. While doing some research I learned of 2 things that would be fun to do. It was narrowed down to one. I guess the Museum of Natural History really pushed evolution so it got scrapped. Anyway, we are headed to down town Lawrence where we can park our car and visit small shops and end our journey at the homemade icecream place. Be sure to check out the pics from that experience later in the week.

ANYWAY, here is our week in review.

I cut these cute Uncle Sam pictures. These have a three-fold purpose. I felt that by providing the numerals 1-12, the expanded word form of each number and the Spanish form of each number that the concept would be grasped much better. So we are playing a little game with these. I call out a number and they have to match it with all 3 kinds of cards. Since Abby is just learning Spanish this has worked excellent. These were downloaded and printed, then laminated so they can be used later. I have several ideas for these cards, I might even use them on our workbox strips later!
Abby starting her Cross project
Nick patiently sharing paint with his sister.
I thought they were going to woodburn these but they decided they wanted to paint with them instead. Fine by me.
This is Aarons Completed cross. I have NO idea where the camera was while he was doing it.

3 comments:

Rhonda said...

Beautiful cross. Those Uncle Sam cards are just too cute!

~Jenn~ said...

I wish I could find some more in spanish with basic "living" words on...

Unknown said...

Nice cross!