Friday, September 18, 2009

Gingerbread Lapbook and unit study

Abby has been finishing up alot of projects this week. One of the lapbooks that I know we wont be adding anything else to is the Gingerbread man. So I wanted to take some time out and post the pictures from it. If I knew how to link things I would. One of these days someone will show me how and I will get all these things situated. Until then, if you want to do a gingerbread lapbook I suggest that you either email me or you do an online search.

Mind you that Abby wanted you to see these pictures. I think she likes lapbooking as much as I like HER lapbooking. As with several of the other unti studies, you will see this one attached to the front of the folder. Please remember I use the super huge commercial drawing file folders... SO I can fit more on without having to do the extensions.

BTW, did I mention I love the gingerbread man?


Front with Unit study attached so it doesn't get lost by the end of the year.



I am really wishing I would have printed these off on colored paper. I thought Abby would enjoy coloring them but she likes them in black and white.



Abby working on her soft "G" and hard "G" sounds.





Outside of the gingerbread house


Inside with word search





Under each of these sections Abby wrote what she thought.





She didn't spend too much time on this project. There was alot of cutting out. So coloring was NOT going to happen.


This was Abby's favorite. The book goes through and on each page you eat one pc of the gingerbread man. An arm, leg, head and so forth.


And thats it for the gingerbread man!

6 comments:

Rhonda said...

We love making gingerbread cookies at Christmas time, so I think that we are going to do this unit study around the holidays. Abby's turned out really cute! WTG girlio!

Julia said...

That turned out really cute! Great job, Abby!

Tisha said...

Great job!

Unknown said...

I think I have not eaten or tasted ginger bread but I'm sure sooner or later I will get to taste it ;-)

~Jenn~ said...

Abby really enjoyed this one. I did consider waiting till around the holidays to do this one but then I found several Christmas lapbooks and changed my mind! LOL

Imelda~ I'm sure you will eventually eat a gingerbread man while in the USA!

Unknown said...

That turned out very nicely.