Saturday, September 26, 2009

Now to the post I had planned to share

Our sixth week of school was super busy. We are learning alot and doing more than any other year I believe. With that being the case I often take alot of pictures in the classroom. Some how I managed to take more pictures of activities than anything else. My digi camera is always along for the ride. I rarely go anywhere with out it being in my purse or pocket. I don't know what I will do once I upgrade to a big camera. Probably still carry the small one around.

This week on the homeschooling board we have chosen Apples as the theme. We actually will do this topic until the end of next week. It has been great fun and I have learned alot of new things. The women over there are such a wonderful resource!

So I am going to shut up and post pictures now. Hope you all enjoy!


Nick came up with the slogan "How do you like them apples". When we discussed it being grammatically wrong they didn't care. They said it wll all about the attitude and slang of it. I really was pushing for "As American as Apple Pie". Hali drew and cut out, then arranged the board so that we can add our work to it as we deem fit.






As one of her fun things to do once we finish the workboxes for the day, Hali created her very first candle.



I will have to follow up with the completed project. Abby is studying plants and reproduction in her Abeka Science. Using the dyed rice from a previous project, colored sand and pipe cleaners she created all the parts of the flower including roots. She then labled them for identification.



Her drawn out and partly completed project.



Hali's dramatic photography taken on our way to St. Mary's for the boy's football game. We had three games almost back to back.



Junior High lined up to watch Varsity play. Aaron is number 8 and Nick is number 10.



The McDonalds tradition continues. Only problem was a half  hour before we arrived the manager sent most of her crew home. It took us more than an hour for all of the parents and players to get our food. Shown here are the last ones to get service. By this point I was ready to get back on the road.




Nick's Girlfriend Chelsea has been joining us for alot of football games. I wonder how long it will take for her to start hating McDonalds?



We did manage to do some new things this week. One of those was adding the counting blocks for Abby. She is counting by 4's here as a pre-multiplication assignment. She would "trade" each block when it was approperate. When we got into the 200's she was ready to quit and just do the math problems.



We have had a couple weeks of rain. Here we are playing De Kalb High school. We played in the rain and thankfully we had no injuries. I don't get very many pictures because I am usually video recording the games.



The last couple games Nick has had a chance to play if he wanted to. His ankle is still swelling and is painful at times. We will have a two week break coming up and hopefully he will be able to play strong the last half of the season.


2 comments:

Julia said...

I love the flower project! And the candle is really cute too!!

Unknown said...

That candle came out very nice.