Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Workbox rewards

One of the best things about workboxes are the rewards that are found either scattered about in them or left for the end of the day. These can be educational items that we don't normally find time to do, but are still purchased because we WANT to do them, or fun items. The one thing I have read over and over in different blogs is that the workboxes get those items off the shelf's and into use. So since my classroom is still mostly packed up, I have been hitting the sales at Micheals Craft store and we  have been adding these to our boxes at the end of the day. We do a healthy amount of Art when working with our unit studies. These workbox rewards are seperate from those.

Abby and Hali made it all the way through their boxes and at the end we started working on these darling wooden doll houses. They come with NO instructions besides the pictures so we had a few "do overs" but we made some good progress. The houses are the very last thing on our schedule each day until they are finished. On the first day we started these, the kids remained in the classroom for 3 solid hours working on their rewards.


Trying to fit the bottom on. It was very snug.


















Glue and more glue! We had glue everywhere!












We are getting close as you can see. We have only about 100 more "unknown" pc. to attach~ SOMEWHERE...









The back was a little tricky. It wasn't until we got to this point that we realized Hali had turned her base upside down. We had to take it all apart and put it back together. Shame on mommy~ I AM NOT a builder!







The instructions state the you should sand the edges if they are rough. Abby took this instruction very seriously and is sanding EVERYTHING. I caught her down there before school this morning with her little chunk of sandpaper in her hands, just giving it a good rub down.

8 comments:

Rhonda said...

I can't wait to see the finished project! I am not a builder either. I go running for my husband every time there is some kind of wood project that needs to be done. He is way better at it than I am.

~Jenn~ said...

Ditto... Dh is WONDERFUl in that department...Its the order of things that get's me into trouble. I think the girls are planning to paint their little houses once we get them constructed. I will for sure update with more pics!

Anonymous said...

They look amazing so far!

Julia said...

Those are awesome! I can't wait to see them all finished!

Tree said...

Those are the coolest looking things I've ever seen!! Love them!!

Jenn said...

Love the doll houses! I've always wanted one, but since I have all boys, they'd have my head if I tried to get them to something like that. LOL Be sure & post updates when they're all painted & complete. :)

Heather the Mama Duk said...

Those are looking adorable!

Tisha said...

How cute are those?!?! Love them!