Sunday, September 6, 2009

Soccer Sunday

Trails, passes and triangles make this team unstoppable!
Soccer for our family is an event. Since Aaron was small we have been involved in the sport. Soon the girls followed and all three of youngest have played for years now on a competitive level. Our Spring and fall season is spent in lawn chairs, encouraging our kids from the sideline. Some years you will find us is the coaches position. This year we are taking a sabbatical from coaching. We have the joy of sitting with the other parents and having wonderful adult conversations! These first few pictures are of Abby. She has been playing with the Fireballs forever!
Hali is sitting on the bench with an icepack on her face. She took a direct kick to the mouth and nose. We had a bit of swelling the next day, but thankfully nothing was broken. My girl plays soccer like it is football. Oh~ And she wants everyone to know she voted AGAINST the color of jerseys they are wearing this year!

Here Hali is meeting with the Ref's and eventually the other teams' captain. Rules of good sportmanship are given along with a handshake to the opponent.

3 comments:

Tisha said...

Eathan played TBall for the first time this past spring. It was a blast! I hope he wants to play again this year. I'm glad your girls are enjoying soccer! It's so much fun to root on your kiddos! :)

Rhonda said...

My Godchild played for a few years and I tried to get my girls to play , but nope, I never could. I would cheer so loudly. LOL! Poor Hali. I know that must have hurt. I just bite my lip and I cry. I can't even imagine getting hit in the face with a ball. Ouch! I like the color of the jerseys. LOL!

~Jenn~ said...

LOL~ Hali will be thrilled that someone likes those jerseys! She is REALLY hoping that she doesn't have the same color next year.

I adore rooting my kids on! AS usual I am the loudest parent in the stands or on the sidelines!