Thursday, September 17, 2009

Friday Night Football Week 3

This last week we had an out of town game. We traveled to Lawrence, Kansas. This happening little college town is about an hour from our house. The only thing "educational" I could find in the area was to visit the downtown area. I heard that there was a fabulous place down there that made homemade icecream.

Our friend Imelda went with us. Both her and her husband just returned to the US. They were over seas as Missionaries. Imelda had never seen American Football, and had never ate any kind of icecream but vanilla. Notice that you see two bowls~ And in each bowl there are 5 types of flavors. We did it up right at the icecream shop. Imelda and Anders also got to experience a 9/11 memorial, hear "God Bless America", The American Anthem, see four military men honored for their dedication for their branch of duty~ AND an all AMERICAN celebration of fireworks~! Not too bad for only being in the US for a week, huh?


Nick and Aaron chose their favorites and made short order of theirs!



And here is the 10 scoop princess. After about one scoop she was full!



Nicks Favorite food is icecream. When he works for Topsy's in the wintertime he is always spending his hard earned money there!



I do belive my boy looks dazed. Must have been all that extra icecream of Imelda's he ate!



Imelda and baby Anders at their FIRST American Football game. She had decided by the END of the game that Anders would NOT be playing! Anders is about 6 weeks old in this picture!



Pre Game Stretching...



No set of football pics are complete without the helmet.



The cheerleaders getting ready to fire everyone up!



After game tradition... Dinner out with the team. This time is was McDonalds.

Notice that there were not any action pics of the game? Well thats because Mamma Jenn is in charge of filming the games. I watch through the viewfinder~ Take a deep breath when one of the boys gets hurt~ Shut the camera off~ Looking for my boy to see if he was the one... Other times I have to just shut the camera off because I am a "yeller"... rooting my boys (all of them) on to do the best job they can do!

5 comments:

Rhonda said...

I love that first photo. MMM! Chocolate is my fav. Your boys are such handsome young men. You should be one proud momma.

Julia said...

That first picture is my favorite too!

Unknown said...

Huhahahahaha...when I was in Indonesia I couldn't even finished a scoop of ice cream and I had to eat 5 scoops.That was too much huhahahahaha...Anyway, I loved hanging out with you guys. I had great experiences going to Lawrence, seeing the corn field in Kansas, eating home-made ice cream, watching the football game and riding in the car. The talks about America Vs Indonesia were fun ;-)I love you guys!!!

~Jenn~ said...

Awe... We love you too Imelda! And we are so blessed you have chosen us to be your friends!

You know ladies, my boys' heads may swell once they see these comments! LOL

Thank you for the compliments. I think they are as beautiful/handsome as their mother. LOL

Unknown said...

Dinner at McDonalds. Mmmm lol (Actually, I have decided that McD's is the best burger fast food around here.)