Friday, September 11, 2009

Our HUGE blessing!

I stand amazed at Gods goodness and grace towards me. His favor always impresses me and makes me want to smile. As some of you all know I don't have $6,500.00 for each kid in my classroom. So when we get supplies and extra things it all comes out of a budget. Because I use SOS, which is a computer based program I use about $1200.00 of my yearly budget on JUST their core subjects. I do what I can to find things cheap, on sale or ask for such and such for Christmas or birthdays.

So today I ran over to this little warehouse place we have to look for paint, rice and food coloring. They didn't have the paint or the rice (we did a little project using these this week) but I did get the food coloring and these! I about FLIPPED when I saw them. In fact I yelled across a few Isles to Micah who was shopping with me, because I was SO excited!

I got two HUGE boxes of manipulatives for math. These are the teachers addition series and I cant WAIT to get started on them this next week! Best part, remember I told you GOD was SO good! I only spent $3.99 for each BOX! Whoooo hooooo!

Pattern Blocks
Color Tiles
Attribute Shape links
FOUR scales! Can anyone say re-sell on Ebay?
Geometric Solids
Fraction Tiles
Base Ten Blocks
Popcubes
And all the learning books and games along with reproducables included!

5 comments:

Niki said...

That is just awesome girl!!!!!!!
I love the school store idea.
And I remember doing homework when I was in high school listening to music on headphones and it truly helped me to relax which helped me to be able to understand a little easier!
You do such an amazing job!

Jolene (South Africa) said...

How cool is that scale!!! AWESOME update, TFS

Tisha said...

Ok, I want to live next to that store!!! WAAAHH!!

Rhonda said...

Oh wow! Awesome finds!!!

Unknown said...

Totally AWESOME find!